......................................................................

.

.

.

Thanksgiving Day


Such a wonderful day. The weather was perfect, dinner was excellent and I had some very rare, quite moments with Tim (and his deep thoughts about life & future in general). He is quite an awesome young man; even if I say so ~ very often ~ myself.

I frequently look back on the collection (well... 100s) of photos I've taken of Tim over the last 18 years; this one is at the top 10 favorites. The look is one of 'exasperation' at my constant camera in his face, but the conversation lingers.

His struggles are with making 'mature, responsible decisions' (translation - good Mom advise) and doing the things that are whimsical and youthful folly.

To him ~ the end result is yet to be seen.
To me ~ the end result is an unspeakable feeling of 'job well done, Mom'.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WISH HE COULD HAVE HIS PAPPAW AND MAMMAW IN HIS LIFE TODAY. OH WHAT PRECIOUS THINGS THEY COULD TEACH HIM. THEY WOULD HAVE NOURISHED HIS BODY WITH FOOD, THIS HEART WITH LOVE THAT CAN NOT BE DESCRIBED, HIS MIND WITH WISDOM AND EXPERIENCE AND HIS SOUL WITH A SPIRIT THAT WOULD ENCOMPASS THE ENTIRE WORLD. AUNT DOROTHY HAD SUCH DEEP SOULFUL WISDOM AND SPIRIT. UNCLE BRIGHTWELL HAD SUCH LIFE EXPERIENCE AND TOGETHER THEY WOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM SO MUCH LOVE AND HAPPINESS.