......................................................................

.

.

.

Tim's 'Summer' Look


No doubt that Tim gave this a lot of thought.... Tim gives most things a lot of thought. I wasn't surprised he wanted his 'mop' cut off, I just kept wondering why as he kept stating "it's coming off very soon; all the way down to the scalp" - said with that funny little glint in his eye and enigmatic smile that he is famous for.

Yesterday ~ the day arrived when he is indeed serious. He said something like 'just cutting the tresses of my past'. Hummm... don't know exactly what that means ~ his recent breakup with Jessie and her infatuation with his long hair could have something to do with it?.... who will ever know ... this discussion has been marked 'No Trespassing' and Tim is a closed, impenetrable book when he deems it.

He goes looking for the barber shears with plans to do this himself (he's cheap and why pay someone for something he can do himself) with no care if he ends up looking like a chemo patient or POW refugee. I convince him to let me ~ after all ~ he is my kid and I have some pride since he roams around my neighborhood. I started with cutting 2 long pony-tales... Dad takes over when he sees I'm taking way too long. I'm sure he's thinking 'it's not that hard - give me that thing' as he comes to assist.
Besides - Dad won't get on a guilt trip if Tim ends up looking like said refugee.

Ha...This is better.... I can document the process and not be held liable if Regret becomes Tim's new companion.

What does Tim say about it "Looks good, gotta go - birthday celebration for best friend in an hour"... he showers, sticks a beanie on his head and happily traverses off to enjoy seeing the 'shock factor' from his buds.

So, the 'new' Tim emerges and he's moving on - it's a new & quite interesting adventure every day with this one.... and I like seeing what's next.

0 comments: