......................................................................

.

.

.

My Girl


Well, I wish I could claim her as my own. Well, she is mine ~ in a remote kind of way... Rick's neice, Dena's daughter, my girl with the rainbow hair.
She came to E.T. with Dena in May, stayed a week and upon arrival back in Georgia told her mom that she wasn't done in E.T and came right back. She's been here all summer ~ flitting in and out of my house at her whim. She and Tim have found a different kind of 'cousin' relationship - they're both near adults now - right and taking advantage of their freedom from 'can I... huh, can we please go, Mom?' of years gone past when Dena and I ruled the worlds of teenagers.

I love her untamed free spirit, quite ways of coming / going, and rambling nature that is an excellent work in progress. Her future is so bright and she burns brighter still.... And I love her ever-changing rainbow hair, constantly new toe nail polish... yep, I'll take her every minute I'm graced with.
We are missing her already and she's only been gone for 2 days. We've been so blessed with her visit. I'm very sure she had the best summer ever in... where else... East Texas.

0 comments: