......................................................................

.

.

.

Tomato - the perfect food


I love food. I love to cook. I even designed my house around my perfect idea of a country kitchen.
I've wowed my own group of folks with some culinary delights who will gladly come back anytime I volunteer to 'cook dinner'. No recipe is to complex or deters me from testing new ideas.
No less - my favorite, Rick's too, is simple rosemary lamb chops grilled rare and served with red wine reduction, roasted baby new potatoes, breaded asparagus sauted in garlic and mushrooms.

So... what do I love most. Vine ripe tomatoes, sliced with a little sea salt and pepper. I usually just eat the whole thing by itself or maybe with a sliced avocado. Simple.
~ basically the one fruit I'd hate to live without.

I've had a great many 'mators this year with the blessing of a lot of rain and sunshine.

Standing in the garden on early Saturday mornings, eating my fill on the cherry ones; washed by God and bursting like sunshine in my mouth - one at a time - is like a small piece of heaven. I hope I get to tend a garden when I get there. vlm

0 comments: