......................................................................

.

.

.

Casper, Wy in August 2010


Few would dispute that I love to travel and a chance to see a far North part of the USA was a grand adventure.  Casper lies in the east central part of the state and is locked away from the world when the winter snows arrive.  As a southern native I was amazed to hear that Casper folks don't think it odd that the main and only road from here to there; I-25 is literally closed for weeks at a time.  I loved the wide, open feeling, the cool moutain air provided by none other - Casper Mountain that establishes the Southern border of this lively town.  The massive wind turbines dot the Northern hills.  Located about 15 miles from the city, they dwarf the huge power plant they supply.
It's been a long time since I've flown and now remember why - I hate airports but the chance to capture the view from above the clouds was worth it.
To quote Dorothy - "There's no place like home".

0 comments: